Congress passed the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) 10 years ago.
Two milestones of the act named, lot-level tracking and product sterilization were achieved in the year 2015 and 2017 respectively.
But the deadline set by the FDA is difficult to achieve for many of the pharmacy suppliers.
November 27th, 2023 is the date set by the DSCSA to achieve enhanced electronic tracing of the products at the package level.
The Key to DSCSA Compliance in 2023
The DSCSA’s objective was to protect the drug supply chain from
- Counterfeit drugs
- Unapproved drugs
- Potentially dangerous drugs
Implementing it has got various implications across the drug supply chain.
Pharmacy suppliers, distributors, wholesalers, and repackagers face difficulties due to the DSCSA’s mandatory changes.
Your pharmacy drug supply chain should help you stay on top of the news related to the updating DSCSA compliance regulations.
We’ve identified 3 ways with which you will be able to stay on top of the news and be prepared for the 2023 compliance.
3 Ways with which you will be Prepared for the 2023 Compliance
With less than 6 months left for the DSCSA 2023 compliance requirements to take effect, you should take steps immediately for meeting them.
We’ve Developed a Software Solution for you
We call it an ecosystem for pharmacists where you can get all your unique pharmacy needs fulfilled.
As this solution possesses all the drug supply chain solutions along with being compliant with the regulations, the features of the solutions are designed according to every member of the drug supply chain.
Some of the features of this solution include:
- Automated refill order reminders
- Automated refills and orders
- Automated prescription renewal reminders
- Integration with the PBMS and partner software
- Automated order placement in the partner software
- Automated tracking details update
- Automated emails and notification alerts from your pharmacy
- Order sets for specific requirements
- Reports of the saved costs
- No limitation on the number of added partners
- Customizable discount rates for each pharmacy partner
And the best part is,
You can get it customized as per your pharmacy needs.
But who are we?
We’re an Ontario-based local Canadian healthcare IT company.
We can proudly say that we work dedicatedly for the healthcare industry for 8+ years.
We follow a 17-step process for planning and developing your healthcare IT projects.