Before taking a deep dive into teleneurology, here are some brain facts that will blow your mind!
- “Humans have more brain cells at the age of two than at any other time of their lives”
- “Your brain uses 20% of the total oxygen in your body and 20% of the blood circulating in your body”
- “About 750ml of blood pumps through your brain every minute”
- “Laughing at a joke is no simple task as it requires activity in five different areas of the brain”
- “Humans grow faster at night than they do during the day because a small part of the brain, the pituitary gland, releases a growth hormone at night while a person sleeps”
- “It is estimated we have approximately 100 billion Neurons which is about 166 times the number of people on the planet”
- “The human can only survive 5 to 6 minutes without Oxygen”
- “When awake, the human brain generates 10-23 watts of power, i.e., enough to power a light bulb”
Let’s understand teleneurology in detail.
What is Teleneurology or Telemedicine Neurology?
In simple words – it is nothing but an online neurology consultation.
Like other telemedicine solutions, teleneurology also enables neurologists to see a patient remotely via video conference or Internet call.
As a result, patients get immaculate solutions virtually for their various neurology disorders such as
As there is no need to transfer the patients from the hospital to the neurologist clinic, it saves a lot of time for the staff.
For better learning about online neurologist solutions, let’s discover the entire process of it.
What is the Clinical Importance of Teleneurology Solutions?
Whether it’s neurology or other medical conditions, healthcare professionals must need to deliver a quality care experience.
To accomplish that, hospitals and clinics have to adopt online care services, especially for neurology.
Take a look at the stats:
As per the United Nations, “Up to 1 billion people, nearly one in six of the world’s population, suffer from neurological disorders”.
Furthermore, a recent survey shows,
“Right now, 11 percent more neurologists are needed to meet patient demands. That number is expected to hit 19 percent by 2025”.
Teleneurology services are important for the healthcare industry to fulfill the demand of the growing population.
While providing adequate care experience at the same time.
We did some case studies to understand the clinical importance of online neurologist consultation at a deeper level.
What are the Use Cases of Online Neurologist Solutions?
Now we are aware that a teleneurology platform assists the entire healthcare system in providing quality care.
From reducing the traveling time for neurologists to providing comprehensive solutions in rural areas, online neurology solutions offer a wide range of use cases.
What Do We Think About Teleneurology Services as a Healthcare-focused IT Company?
As a healthcare IT company, we have been working with healthcare professionals for over 8+ years.
Hence, we understand the healthcare industry as much as healthcare professionals.
With our comprehensive research on teleneurology, we observed that an online neurology platform not only benefits patients but also the neurologist and the entire healthcare system.
After undergoing many teleneurology case studies, we discovered that teleneurology provides
- Convenient care experience for the patients
- Seamless consultation options for medical staff and neurologists
- Ease to medical staff by decreasing emergency transfer and workflows
- Better patient care experience
Hospitals are now performing telemedicine neurology services for various neurological disorders as the platform enables them to provide definitive care by avoiding unnecessary transfer of the patient.
As the shortage of neurologists is gradually increasing, the healthcare system can save millions of lives by offering online neurology services at the right time.
From anywhere in the world, quite literally.
We can guarantee that the future of teleneurology is promising as it offers a broader range of solutions.
If you believe the same, we must have a productive talk!
Because, we are telemedicine tech, business, and compliance masterminds.