Quick Summary: We can happily blame 2020 for people ordering prescriptions online in 2021.
Because what started as a compulsion during the pandemic is now turned into a routine for people.
As per our internal survey, 53% of Canadians who had not used online pharmacy platforms before the year 2020 are now using them for the sake of convenience.
However, according to ASOP (Alliance for Safe Online Pharmacies), there are 35000 online pharmacies around the world but only 1400 of them are safe and legal.
That means, almost 96% of online pharmacies are fake pharmacies.
Thus, to help you with selecting the best virtual pharmacies to order prescriptions online, we are here listing out the top online pharmacies in Canada.
Top online pharmacies in Canada
Please note: We are not a pharmacy. We are a healthcare IT company. We are here putting this list to inspire healthcare entrepreneurs and pharmacists to build something similar.
How to identify a safe and legal online pharmacy platform?
ASOP suggests looking for the following signs to identify a safe and legal online pharmacy platform:
- Requires a valid prescription from a licensed healthcare provider
- Has a licensed pharmacist available to answer questions
- Provides a physical address and phone number
- Protects personal and financial information
- Does not sell prescription drugs that are not approved by Health Canada or the FDA
- Has a seal of approval from an independent third-party organization