The Internet is full of random numbers.
Some claim the cost of telemedicine is as low as $20000, while others claim it costs as high as $100,000 and even further.
The reality is, they don’t bother with what this number means for someone really looking for a telemedicine platform.
But being a legit healthcare IT company, we care. Thus, let us share the detailed guide in the easiest way to let you know how much the telemedicine platform costs in your case only.
Cost of telemedicine platform: A brilliant way to know the exact cost
We are going to apply math. And when there is math, there are some assumptions. So, here they are.
- You want to know the cost of a telemedicine web app. So, we will share that only. (If you are here to know the cost of a telemedicine mobile app, it costs 30-70% more than the telehealth web app cost. Why? We have covered it in the blog.)
- You are looking forward to adding all the necessary and important features to your telemedicine web app. But not very advanced features such as IoT remote monitoring.
- You are planning to launch it in North America, UAE, UK or Australia.
- And last but not least, you either are a healthcare startup or a healthcare provider.
Not sure what to choose between custom, white-label or SaaS? This comparison will help you
Solving your extra doubts: Top FAQs around the cost of telemedicine
1. Why does telemedicine mobile app development cost more than telemedicine web app development?
Technologies (tech stack) to build telemedicine mobile apps are more complex than technologies used to build web applications. Thus, mobile app developers charge more than what web app developers charge. Time is also a major factor.
2. How to reduce the cost of custom telehealth mobile app development?
- You can consider building an MVP version of a telehealth app which only includes basic and useful features.
- You can consider building a cross-platform version of the telehealth app which runs on both Android and iOS devices with a single codebase.
3. Being a healthcare startup, what should we choose between custom, white-label and SaaS telehealth platform?
Healthcare startups and even providers must go for a white-label platform. As it costs less than custom development, can be customized as per needs and can reduce time-to-market very significantly.
But if you are a healthcare enterprise or startup with huge capital within reach, go for custom development. Nothing can beat it.
4. What is the future of telemedicine?
Telemedicine is here to stay. In fact, it will evolve further and become more specific to individual medical specialties. It will become the super app version of healthcare with a single app addressing pharmacy, labs, and healthcare needs of users and their family members including pets.
5. What to choose between a telemedicine web app and a mobile app?
As per our experience, a web app is a very practical solution for providers working in an intense environment. Why? Because it opens in the browser (the big screen of a laptop or computer) and thus it makes it easy for providers to navigate the app and provide quality care to patients.
But when it comes to the patients, a mobile app works best for them as it is faster and more accessible to open and use. But at the same time, it is not easier to use than a web app. So, we suggest a hybrid approach – a web app for providers & admin and a mobile app for patients.
We know the ins and outs of telemedicine technology!